Why would an item of clothing that didn't arrive be ineligible for a refund?

Home Forums eBay Why would an item of clothing that didn't arrive be ineligible for a refund?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Basil Foster
    Participant

I bought a dress recently which never arrived. I contacted the seller and opened an enquiry, the seller told me they would send another one. It has still not arrived and now eBay have told me that the item isn’t covered by their money back guarantee. I paid on paypal and the seller recommended pursuing a refund from paypal but the transaction record for this item on the paypal website just links me back to eBay. Does anyone know why the dress would not be covered by the money back guarantee?

Jim Burgess
    Participant

For future reference it is usually better to open an item not received dispute through Paypal. Although the seller has protection if they can provide a valid tracking number you can usually get them to pay up if the item shows as not delivered or does not say delivered to the buyer’s suburb. Even if it does show that offering to send a Stat Dec to say you have not received it and the mention of the Ombudsman will usually get you a refund. For not as described then ebay is the better option as the seller will have to cover the return post if ebay fing in the buyer’s favour.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.