Want to Sell More on eBay? Take a look at your Descriptions

Home Forums eBay Selling on Ebay Want to Sell More on eBay? Take a look at your Descriptions

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jackson
    Participant

Recently I had a chance to compare an item I was selling against a competitor with EXACTLY the same product. The only difference in the whole listing was that their feedback score was a little higher than mine.

They had already been selling this item and had racked up some sales. Our warranty and refund policies were the same. They offered theirs for $13.00 and i was advertising for $15.

In 3 days of listing my item I sold 25 and they had sold just 4 in that same time period, even though my price was higher!!

How?

The difference between us was the description and the text.

The competitors listing was rubbish. They had simply copied a few lines of info from the manufacturer website, and that’s it.

For my listing, I used a HTML template, added as much detailed information as I could find, highlighted the product features and used the description to try and answer any questions that a buyer may have. I also embedded a video which was available on youtube.

The results speak for themselves, a little effort at listing time makes all the difference.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.