Is there a time limit for the buyer to pay i.e 3 days from date of sale?

Home Forums eBay Is there a time limit for the buyer to pay i.e 3 days from date of sale?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Holm
    Participant

How log should I wait for payment. I have sent the invoice twice.
    Thanks in advance for guiding me

Kelly Simmelink
    Participant

while there is no pre-set/determined time given to a buyer to pay, eBay do allow sellers to open an UnPaid Item case against the buyer 4 days after the end of auction or Buy-now commitment. The buyer would then get 4 days to pay before the seller can close the case and get a refund on their final-value-fees.

This time frame for unpaid Item cases essentially creates a default time frame of 8 days for a buyer to pay before the transaction can be nullified by the seller. If a buyer contacts the seller to organize a longer time frame then that would be up to the seller. If a seller has in their listing a condition that buyers are to pay within two days then that can not override the 4 days that a seller must wait before opening an UPI case. It would not stop the seller from initiating a Cancel Item request before the 4 days, but if the buyer declines the request it may result in FV Fees still being due. Additionally, it may put a buyer offside and result in less than flattering feedback and low DSRs.

I know that this process surrounding payment seems like a minefield, but there is no definitive solution to placate both buyers and sellers in all situations.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.