Auction selling unweaned foals ALONE and other things?

Home Forums Buying at Auction Auction selling unweaned foals ALONE and other things?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Wilson 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve Simons
    Participant

I went to a horse auction in Australia about 2 weeks ago and bought myself a young colt (shetlandXwelsh). i had to as the doggers were out in force and he was just to nice. anyway I bought him thinking he was a weanling around 7-9 months…had the dentist out today, apparently he’s just on 3 months….so now he’s on milk replacer and creep feed…the thing is there were a lot of other foals there, that were much younger than him, going through without their dams. also a lot of the yards did not have water troughs and some of the yards were obviously in need of repair. do you think i have grounds to call the RSPCA or animal welfare and get them to go have a look, or am i being overly PETA about this?

Scott Wilson
    Participant

I would call them that isn’t right what they are doing. Good luck with the wee one, he is in good hands.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.